1. A cat’s brain is 90% similar to a human’s — more similar than to a dog’s.
2. Cats have a longer-term memory than dogs, especially when they learn by actually doing rather than simply seeing.
4. Basically, cats have a lower social IQ than dogs but can solve more difficult cognitive problems when they feel like it.
4. Evidence suggests domesticated cats have been around since 3600 B.C., 2,000 years before Egypt’s pharaohs.
5. In the 15th century, Pope Innocent VIII began ordering the killing of cats, pronouncing them demonic.
6. A cat has five toes on his front paws, and four on the back, unless he’s a polydactyl.
7. Polydactyl cats are also referred to as “Hemingway cats” because the author was so fond of them.
8. There are 45 Hemingway cats living at the author’s former home in Key West, Fla.
9. Only 11.5% of people consider themselves “cat people.”
10. Cat people are also 11% more likely to be introverted.
Stay tuned for more interesting facts, pictures and more.